Monday, November 9, 2009

The Army Corps of Engineers Report - First Impression

I would like to say that although I have not completed the entire 330 pages (I have read about half of it so far), I would like to say that I am quite impressed with the level of detail covered by this report.

I am also a bit disappointed that most of it was a mere footnote to the recommendation in the conclusion. I guess I'm a little unclear on the purpose of the report vs the propaganda it's being used for. Was the purpose of the report to tell us which Dam to take down or should it have better addressed whether we should take these dams down at all? I'm pretty sure I can argue for the feasibility of anything so long as I can disregard all the contra-indicators.

http://www.nae.usace.army.mil/projects/ma/assabetriver/assabetriver.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment